Founded in 1898, today Alter is a privately owned, fourth generation company and is one of the largest scrap processors in the country, with trading offices and processing plants across the central United States. Alter Trading provides a direct supply of quality products, sourced both in America and abroad, to consumers in the United States and throughout the world. Our website is www.altertrading.com
Light Equipment Operator assists in the recycling process by operating a variety of equipment including forklift, grapple cranes, stationary shear, stationary baler, etc.
• Inspects equipment, make sure everything is safe and in working condition
• Loads, unloads and sorts material
• Inspects materials to quality standards
• Knows quality standards, materials grades, what materials can/cannot be loaded
• Utilizes all yard operating equipment including: shag truck, forklifts, skid steer, wheel loader, stationary baler, stationary shear, alligator shear as necessary
• Performs basic maintenance on the machinery
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• Must wear all necessary PPE while working or while in the yard. Follows company safety standards at all times. Failure to follow safety standards may result in loss of position.
Candidate must wear all necessary PPE when working in the yard. Follows company safety standards at all times. Failure to follow safety requirements may result in loss of position.
High school diploma or GED required. Prior experience operating equipment including forklifts, wheel loaders, bobcats, stationary balers or shears required. The right candidate must be able to lift a minimum of 30-50 lbs. and 100+lbs on 2-person lift. Candidate must be able to effectively interact with customers and vendors. Individual must be willing to learn, be adaptable and be a self-motivated.
PLEASE APPLY IN PERSON AT 1119 E 4TH ST., GRAND ISLAND, NE 68801
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers